Zerodha is a popular online brokerage firm in India that offers trading services in the stock market. The charges associated with trading securities through Zerodha include:
- Brokerage charges: Zerodha charges a flat brokerage of Rs 20 or 0.03% (whichever is lower) per executed order for equity delivery trades and equity intraday trades.
- Securities Transaction Tax (STT): Zerodha charges the applicable STT on all equity trades as per the government norms.
- Goods and Services Tax (GST): Zerodha charges GST of 18% on brokerage, transaction charges, and other charges
- Demat account charges: Zerodha charges a nominal fee of Rs 30 per month as Demat account maintenance charges, which is waived off if the trading turnover is more than Rs 20 Lakhs in the previous calendar month.
- Clearing and Settlement charges: Zerodha charges a clearing and Settlement charge of Rs 10 per trade, which is levied by the stock exchange and the Depository participant (DP).
- Annual maintenance charges: Zerodha charges an annual maintenance charge of Rs 300 per annum, which is waived off if the trading turnover is more than Rs 20 Lakhs in the previous calendar month.
- Call & Trade charge: Zerodha charges a nominal fee of Rs 20 per executed order for equity delivery trades and equity intraday trades if the order is placed through call & trade.
Please note that the charges and fees associated with trading securities through Zerodha may change over time, so it is important to check with the company for the most up-to-date information.